ACX Grants is a grant program overseen by Scott Alexander, the author of Astral Codex Ten.
ACX Grants is aiming to fund projects that could make the world a better place, but might not be able to catch the attention of more traditional funders. A non-exhaustive list of things Scott is planning to fund would include projects that:
- help address global poverty, global health challenges, mental health issues, animal welfare issues, or global climate change.
- move forward innovative and potentially socially beneficial technologies and ideas, even if these are very speculative.
- help understand and prepare for potentially disruptive future events, like pandemics or the advent of AGI
- improve the academic, governmental, and decision-making institutions that work on these other causes
- help do basic research, awareness-raising, or meta-level work that could eventually lead to one of the above
For more information, please see Scott's announcement post