The Centre for Effective Altruism's mission is to build a community of students and professionals acting on the principles of effective altruism, by creating and sustaining high-quality discussion spaces.
We believe that by connecting students and young professionals with relevant experts, we can help them consider their values and find an effective way to contribute that is a good fit for their skills and inclinations.
We do this by…
- Running EA Global conferences and supporting community-organized EAGx conferences.
- Funding and advising local effective altruism groups.
- Building and moderating the EA Forum, an online hub for discussing the ideas of effective altruism.
- Supporting community members through our community health team.
- Providing operational support to other EA organizations, including 80,000 Hours, Giving What We Can, EA Funds, and the Forethought Foundation.
We also produce the Effective Altruism Newsletter, which goes out to more than 50,000 subscribers, and run effectivealtruism.org, which hosts a collection of useful resources.