Considerations in favor of recurring donations
- Allows us to more accurately predict future donations to the Fund and pass this information on to the Fund manager so that they know how much money they are likely to have available in the future.
- Most donors who do not donate monthly choose to donate at the end of the year. Having money available throughout the year allows Fund managers more flexibility to respond to excellent opportunities as they become available.
- Many donors find it easier to hit their donation targets if the money is donated automatically.
Considerations in favor of yearly donations
- Allows donors time to gain more information before deciding whether EA Funds is the most effective donation option available.
- Donors who receive large yearly bonuses will have more information about how much they can donate if they donate yearly.
In general, we prefer that donors who plan to use EA Funds for a large portion of their donations set up recurring donations. Donors who may have higher impact alternatives or who receive large yearly bonuses should consider yearly donations instead.